Documents are the individual files that exist within the Library. Pepper Flow assists in the review and approval of these documents by putting them through a job. Each document is a file (ex. PDF, .PNG, .DOC, .MOV) and is assigned its own unique document ID number in Pepper Flow.
- Document card information
- Document ID
- Document status
- Expired documents
- Add a new document
- View a document
- Download a document
Document card information
Document cards in the Library provide general information about each document.
- Document type
- Document name
- Document ID, followed by the Pepper Flow version number in parentheses
- Document status. If a prior approved or expired version exists, a layered green or black status icon will appear. Hover over the icon and click to navigate directly to a prior version; else, clicking on the card by default will load the most recent version of the document.
The document ID is a unique ID assigned to every document for auditing and tracking purposes. Pepper Flow generates an ID when you start a job. The ID format is configured based on your organization’s requirements.
Document IDs can be found in several areas, including the Viewer and document card.
A document status lets you know if a specific document version is ready to use. Document statuses appear in a few places, including the document card, history menu, and properties.
Note: Document status labels may vary depending on your company’s configuration.
|Draft||Version has not been approved. Documents are in this status when:
|In Review||Version is currently in a job for review|
|Scheduled||Version is approved but has a future Effective Date/Date of First Use. When the date is reached, the document will transition to Approved|
|Approved||Version has completed the review stage and is approved for use.|
|Rejected||Version has been voted rejected and can not be used.|
|Expired||Version should no longer be used. Documents reach this status when the Expiration Date is reached or it is withdrawn manually before this date.|
|Superseded||Version is no longer approved because a more recent document version has been created.|
Where to find document status
You can find a document’s status in a few different ways:
- The document card displays the status of the latest version(s).
- The history menu displays a document status for every version:
- Depending on your company configuration, you may see document status in the properties section of the details modal:
FDA submissions and document statuses
If your company uses the FDA submissions feature, the statuses of documents that need to be submitted to the FDA will be affected by their submission statuses.
See find and view expired documents.
Add a new document
To add a new document in Pepper Flow and have it appear in the Library, you must start a job. You can upload any file type into Pepper Flow. However, only supported file formats can be viewed in the Viewer.
View a document
- Click "Library" in the navigation.
- Click the document card you’d like to view. The document will open in the Viewer.
Download a document
Download from Library
- Click "Library" in the navigation.
- Hover over the thumbnail of the document card you’d like to download.
- Click the ... ellipsis icon.
- In the dropdown, select "Download".
Download from Viewer
- In the Viewer, click the download icon in the bottom toolbar.
- A dropdown menu will appear,
- Select "Download file" to download the file in its native format
- Select “Download job summary” to download the job summary report
- Select “Download job summary with annotations” to download the job summary report with all unresolved annotations.
- Select “Download file and all associated documents (.zip)” to download a zip file including the file in its native format, audit trail, job summary report, certification report, and all supporting documents and references.
- Select “Download certification report” to download the certification report. This option is available on jobs with a certification task.
Article is closed for comments.