- Property types
- Update properties during preparation
- Update properties during review
- Update properties during a property update task
- Update properties after a document is approved
Pepper Flow groups properties into three types.
This information is specific to the job. Examples include job type, job start and completion date, job initiator, and number of circulations.
This information is specific to the document. Examples include file type, file size, expiration date, content owner, and method of dissemination.
Collaborators help initiators prepare a document for review. They have the same actions available to them as initiators.
The properties you see are defined by your company. If you want to know more about the properties your company decided to include, or if you'd like to add new properties or values, talk to your system administrator.
Update properties during preparation
Properties can be updated by the initiator, content owner, or collaborators when a job is in the preparing task.
- Open a document in the Viewer.
- Click "Details" in the bottom left.
- Update any editable fields. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
- Click "Save and close details" to save your changes, or click "Cancel" to revert all changes.
Note: Some details cannot be edited, either because they are automatically generated (file type, file size, version) or because they are only editable on the Start Job screen. Your organization’s configuration will dictate which fields are editable on the Start Job screen and which are editable in the properties screen.
Update properties during review
Coordinators have special permissions to edit a job’s due date while a job is in review. This feature is available on version R25 and later.
- Click on “More Actions” in the bottom right corner of the toolbar.
- Click “Edit due date”. This option is only available for coordinators. (Note: the label for “due date” may be different than depicted here based on your organization’s configuration).
- Select a new date from the date picker and click “Save and close”. Due dates cannot be set in the past.
- You’ll see a confirmation banner in the bottom left corner of the Viewer and the new job due date will update in the Job Details and on the Jobs board.
To edit any other properties during review, the job initiator, content owner, collaborators, and coordinators will need to temporarily withdraw the document and resubmit for review after making edits.
- Click on "More Actions" in the bottom right corner of the Viewer toolbar.
- If you are the job initiator, content owner, collaborator, or coordinator, you will see a menu option called Edit. Click "Edit."
- Provide a reason for the edits.
- Upload the edited file and/or edit the details and proceed with the job as you normally would.
Update properties during a property update task
Reviewers may be asked to set a property for a specific document via a property update task.
- Click a card on the Jobs board with a property update task in progress.
- In the task panel, select "Complete task."
- Update properties as needed.
- Click "Complete task."
Update properties after a document is approved