Depending on your document’s status and the current task, you will have to take different steps to modify a document.
Note: You cannot make edits (such as text updates) to the actual file using annotation tools. You must upload a new file.
Modify a document after it’s approved
If you want to create a new version of an approved document, or you want to change properties on the Details screen, you must start a new approval job.
- Open the document you want to edit in the Viewer.
- Click More Actions in the bottom right corner of the toolbar.
- Note: If you are using version 2019.01 or older, More Actions will be in the bottom left instead.
- Click New Version. This option may vary slightly depending on your organization’s SOPs.
- Complete the required fields on the Start Job screen.
- Click Save & Generate ID. Pepper Flow will generate a document ID.
- Click Continue.
- To upload a file, drag the file into the Viewer upload area, or click within the dotted line. If you only need to update properties, click carry over the existing file.
- Your file will display in the Viewer. Instructions on how to prepare the document will appear in the task panel.
- Add annotations or supporting documents as needed.
- Click Details in the bottom toolbar and fill out the required fields.
- Once complete, click Save and close details.
- Click Continue in the task panel to assign tasks to your team.
- Note: If you are using version 2019.01 or older, click Ready for review in the bottom right instead.
- Fill out all of the required fields on the Manage Assignees screen.
- Click Start Review.
Your job will progress to the next task. Assignee(s) will be notified that a task has been assigned to them.
Note: If an approval job is already in review, you cannot start a new approval job without canceling the in-progress job, or waiting until the in-progress job is complete.
Upload a new document while preparing a job
- In the Viewer, click Upload in the bottom toolbar.
- To upload a file, drag the file into the Viewer upload area, or click within the dotted line. Click Cancel to return to your current file.
- Your new document will display in the Viewer.
- Continue preparing the document for review.
Note: When using the upload feature, all annotations you made on the document you’re replacing will be removed. Supporting documents will persist in the Supporting Documents tab.