When using claims management in Pepper Flow, you can create claims and substantiate them with approved references from your document library.
Add a new claim
Start a job to add a new claim in Pepper Flow and have it appear in the claims library. In flight claims jobs will also appear on the jobs board alongside documents. Claims can have a configurable number of review tasks, similar to document approvals.
- Click Start Job and select the appropriate workflow. The jobs available in the menu are based on your permissions and company's configuration.
- Complete the fields on the Start Job screen. Click "Save & Generate ID." The system will generate a claim ID.
- Click "Continue".
- Complete the fields under the Details and Job Info tabs. Click “Save”.
- Click “Complete Task” and select assignees. Fill out all required fields on the Manage Assignees screen.
- Click "Start Review."
A claim variation is alternative phrasing that is reviewed and approved alongside the primary claim text. Claim variations are utilized by Auto Substantiate when searching for text matches.
- To add another variation, click and enter the variation text in the new text field row
- Continue adding as many variations as needed
- To remove a variation, click
- When finished, click “Save”
Substantiate a claim
Prepare the claim for review by adding substantiation in the side panel. You may also import annotations from a previous version.
In the Annotations tab, you can use general annotations to include accompanying text.
- Click the Add annotations button
- Select Add a general annotation
- Add your comment
- Click the link icon in the bottom left and select Reference
- Locate the Reference and/or Reference point(s) that support the claim
- Click the Add button
- Click the Add annotation button
Substantiation added in this way will appear under both the Annotations tab as well as the Substantiation tab in the side panel.
In the Substantiation tab, you can simply choose to select a reference from the library.
Please note that linking uploaded documents, URLs, or other supporting material is not currently supported.