Depending on your organization's configuration, you can update the expiration date, date of first use, or content owner of a document without increasing the document's major version. Please note you can only extend the expiration date for documents that have not yet expired.
- In the Library, click on the document for which you'd like to extend the expiration date.
- Click "More Actions" in the bottom toolbar.
- Select the appropriate job. (note: the name of the job may vary)
- Complete the fields on the start job screen.
- Click "Done" or "Select Reviewers".
Once the extension job is approved (which may first require a review), the proposed updates (i.e., the new expiration date, date of first use, or content owner) will be updated in the Details screen. Information about the job will appear in the audit trail. The new dates and/or content owner will be used by the system for any actions or notifications henceforth.
Need to revise the document?
If you need to revise a document, create a new version instead.
Don't see these options?
These jobs are configurable per customer. If an option described above does not appear in the More Actions menu, you either do not have permissions to start the job or it was not configured for your organization. Contact your system owner for additional information.
Related help topics