Update the expiration date of a document by starting an expiration extension job. You can only extend the expiration for documents that have not yet expired.
- In the Library, click on the document for which you'd like to extend the expiration date.
- Click "More Actions" in the bottom toolbar.
- Click "Extend Expiration". This may vary slightly depending on your organization's configuration.
- On the Extend Expiration screen, specify the new expiration date and a reason for the extension.
- Depending on your organization’s SOPs, click "Done" or "Select Reviewers" in the bottom right.
Once the extension job is approved, the expiration date will be updated in the Properties screen. Information about the job will appear in the audit trail.
Need to revise the document?
If you need to revise a document, create a new version instead.
Don't see the extend expiration option?
The extend expiration job is configurable per customer. If the extend expiration option does not display when opening the More Actions modal, you either do not have permissions to start the job or it was not configured for your organization. Contact your system administrator for additional information.
Related help topics