Update the expiration date of a document by starting an expiration extension job. You can only extend the expiration for documents that have not yet expired.
Note: If you need to revise a document, create a new version instead.
- In the Library, click on the document for which you'd like to extend the expiration date.
- Click More Actions in the bottom toolbar.
- Click Extend Expiration. This may vary slightly depending on your organization's configuration.
- On the Extend Expiration screen, specify the new expiration date and a reason for the extension.
- Depending on your organization’s SOPs, click Done or Select Reviewers in the bottom right.
Once the extension job is approved, the expiration date will be updated in the Properties screen. Information about the job will appear in the audit trail.