When a user leaves your organization, take the proper steps to set your team up for success.
Update content owner
If the departing user was the content owner for documents in the Library, you can update to a new content owner.
Update content owner for one document
- Open a document in the Viewer.
- Click "More Actions" in the bottom right.
- Select the "Modify Content Owner" job. The label may vary depending on your organization's configuration.
- Select the user who should be responsible for maintaining the content going forward.
Bulk Update Content Owner
If all of the departing user's content needs to be transferred to one specific user, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the email addresses of both users. Please note: this must be a 1:1 transfer. If the content needs to be transferred to multiple people, it's best to utilize the "Modify Content Owner" job.
If the departing user was a reviewer, make sure to reassign all of their review tasks before their account is deactivated.
- Open an in-progress job in the Viewer.
- In the task panel, select "Edit/reassign."
- Select "Edit/reassign" for the user's group.
- Select a new reviewer.
- To avoid having a departing user selected as a reviewer or content owner, consider deactivating their account a few days before their last day.
- Alternatively, have the departing user set up a delegation period starting the week before their last day and ending one week later to ensure all tasks are completed in their absence.