For any CSV file you export from Pepper Flow, data is separated with commas. Commas are the North American standard. Other regions, such as Europe, use a different standard. If you try to open a Pepper Flow CSV with a different default separator, the data will not display correctly.
The guides below walk through the process of adjusting your computer settings so that you can successfully view Pepper Flow's CSV files on either Windows and Mac OS.
Change CSV defaults on Windows
To change the CSV separator default for Windows:
- Open the Windows Start Menu and click Control Panel
- Open the Regional and Language Options dialog box
- Click the Regional Options tab
- Click Customize/Additional settings (Windows 10)
- Type a comma into the 'List separator' box ( , )
- Click 'OK' twice to confirm the change
Change CSV defaults on Mac
To change the CSV separator defaults for Macs:
- Navigate to your System Preferences and select the Language & Region option.
- Click the Advanced button in the bottom-right corner.
- In the Number separators options, change the decimal setting from a comma ( , ) to a period ( . )
- Click OK in the bottom right corner
Note: After you change the list separator character for your Mac or PC, all programs will use the new character as a list separator. You can change the character back to the default character by following the same steps listed above.