To share content with someone outside of Pepper Folio, such as a customer or prospect, generate a unique link. Content views will be associated with any email address(es) you enter when generating the link.
How to generate a link
- Find the content you would like to share.
- Open the actions menu.
- From the Library, select the … icon on the card or list item.
- From the Viewer, select “Actions” in the top right.
- Select “Share.”
- In the modal, enter the email address(es) for the person or people you plan to share the link with. If you’re entering multiple email addresses, use a comma (,) to separate them.
- Tip: If tracking views is important to you, only enter one email address, and only share the link with that one person.
- However, if you’d like to associate a link with multiple people, you can add as many emails as you would like.
- Select “Generate link.”
From there, Pepper Folio will generate a unique link. Copy the link and paste it into an email or other communication with recipients.
Why do you ask for an email address?
The email address is a way to associate a content view with a specific person. After you share a link with someone, go to Share History to check whether someone viewed the content.
Why can’t I share something?
There are a few reasons why you may not be able to share a specific piece of content.
- Your company configuration restricts sharing for that type of content.
- The file type is not supported in the Viewer.
In both cases, a “not shareable” label will appear in the Viewer header and in the Library:
To clarify why a specific piece is not shareable, open the actions menu and hover over the tooltip next to “share.”
If you are unable to share any content, your company may have deactivated the share feature for all users. To see if that’s the case, check your primary navigation for a “Share History” item. If it’s not available, your company has deactivated sharing.
Article is closed for comments.