We try our best to find every annotation and show it on the page, but sometimes we have trouble finding the appropriate placement. When this happens, you’ll see an error message when clicking on an annotation.
Here are some common reasons why you may not see your annotations on the page:
- The linked content was edited or removed.
- The linked content is only part of the web page when it's visible. Examples include rotator slides or tabs.
- The annotation's linked content won't appear until after the entire page is loaded.
Here's what you can do:
- Make sure all content on the page has loaded.
- Delete and re-add the annotation.
- Instead of linking to the content itself, try linking to an outer container that is always on the page. For example, instead of annotating on a headline within a tab, annotate on a box the encloses the entire tab container.