Updated Search Experience
We added several improvements to our search functionality to help you find the documents you need faster.
Partial Word Searches
Pepper Flow will now display results for partial searches — no need to know an exact document name or ID. For example, a document named “VitalDX_2020” will appear in a search for “vital.”
Suggested searches will now display beneath the search bar, alongside relevant documents. Suggestions are based on matching document titles, IDs, and other searchable metadata.
We updated the way we order results to make them more relevant to you. For example, recently modified documents and documents for which you’re the content owner get a boost in your search results.
Search can now be configured for your company in the following ways:
- You can adjust the ranking of search results. By default, results are ranked in a way that most users would expect, with document name and ID matches weighted the highest. If desired, you can increase the weight of other document information that is key to your company.
- You can add synonyms for search terms. For example, a search for “HCP” could contain results with the word “doctor.”
- You can choose properties to exclude from search.
Other Search Features
Search now includes other common features, like typo tolerance and matching words with the same root (for example, “walking” and “walked”).
Enhanced File Display
We improved the display of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word files you upload in the Viewer.
Layouts are more closely aligned to the original files.
To display custom fonts, your company can provide font files that we can add to your Pepper Flow configuration.
Add Supporting Documents After a Job is Complete
Anyone who can view a job can now add supporting documents after the job is complete. These documents will appear with a label beneath them so they can easily be distinguished from documents that existed at the time the job was approved.
“Tasks assigned to me” filter now applied by default on the Jobs Board
When navigating to the Jobs Board, the filter "Task assigned to me" will be applied by default. This filter was previously titled "Action required".
You can now see your version of Pepper Flow in the footer. Use this when talking to support or referencing articles in our Help Center for faster troubleshooting.
Internet Connection Message
If you get disconnected from the internet while using Pepper Flow, you cannot complete actions like adding an annotation or casting a vote. To make internet connection issues clearer, the app will display a message when your computer is offline. You will not be able to complete actions while the message is displayed. The message will disappear when your internet connection returns.
- The job initiator is now included in the Job Summary Report.
- Reviewers that are added after a review is started and cast their vote get carried over to later circulations.
- Jobs no longer get stuck in a property update task.
- 4/28/2020 - System Change Memo
- 5/14/2020 - System Change Memo
- 5/29/2020 - System Change Memo
- 6/15/2020 - System Change Memo
- 6/25/2020 - System Change Memo
- 6/30/2020 - System Change Memo
- 8/6/2020 - System Change Memo