This article explains how modifying a document works in the latest version of Pepper Flow. For older versions, see the archived article.
Depending on your document’s status and the current task, you will have to take different steps to modify a document. Note that you cannot make modifications (such as text updates) to a document using the annotation tools in the Viewer. You must upload a new document for any new changes to take effect.
- Modify a document after it’s been approved
- Upload a new document when preparing a job
Modify a document after it’s been approved
If your document has been approved and you want to create a new version of the document or want to change information on the Details screen, you must start a new approval job.
- Open the document you want to change in the Viewer.
- Click More Actions in the bottom right corner of the toolbar.
- Click Start New Review (this option may vary slightly depending on your organization’s SOPs). Note: If a job’s status is In Review, you cannot start a new review job and must wait for the job to be completed to modify your document.
- Fill out all of the required fields on the Start Job screen and click Save & Generate ID.
- A document ID will automatically be generated. Click Continue.
- To attach a file, drag the file into the Viewer upload area. You may also click into the Viewer upload area to attach a file from your computer. If the file is unchanged and only the properties have been updated, you can click carry over the existing file.
- Your file will display in the Viewer. Any instructions about modifying the document will appear in the task panel. Now you can add annotations or supporting documents.
- When you are done, click Details in the bottom toolbar and fill out the required fields.
- Once complete, click Save and close details.
- You are now ready to assign tasks, including review, to your team. Click Complete task in the task panel.
- Fill out all of the required fields on the Manage Assignees screen. Click Start Review.
- Congratulations, your job has progressed to the next task. The job will appear in the Jobs board. The assigned user(s) will be notified that a task has been assigned to them.
Upload a new document when preparing a job
- In the Viewer, click Upload in the bottom toolbar.
- To attach a file, drag the file into the Viewer upload area. You may also click into the Viewer upload area to attach a file from your computer. Click Cancel to return to your current file.
- Note: When using the upload feature, all annotations (comments and reference points) that were made on the previous version of the document that you’re replacing will be removed. Supporting documents will persist in the Supporting Documents tab.
- Your new document will display in the Viewer.
- Continue to prepare the document for review.
Related help topics: