When a user sets you as their delegate, you can access their account to perform actions on their behalf. When accessing their account, any actions you perform (voting, starting a job, commenting) will be audited as an action you took on their behalf. Multiple users can set you as their delegate over the same time period.
- Access your delegator's account
- Perform tasks as a delegate
- Return to your account
- Video: See delegation in action
Access your delegator’s account
When you have an active delegation period, the navigation displays multiple avatars in the top right.
- Click on your user avatar in the top right.
- Under Work on behalf of, click on the delegator’s name.
Pepper Flow will take you to the delegator’s Jobs board. From there, you can navigate Pepper Flow as that user.
Perform tasks as a delegate
As a delegate, you can perform any actions your delegator has permissions to do. Your name and your delegator's name will be attached to the actions you perform for auditing purposes. That includes any comments you add, jobs you start, or votes you make.
Return to your account
While working on behalf of a delegator, you will see a blue bar at the top of the screen as a reminder that you are completing working as someone else.
Return to your account by doing one of the following:
- Click "Back to your account" in the blue bar at the top of your screen.
- Click the user icon in the top right corner.
- Select "Back to my account."
Video: See delegation in action
Please sign in to leave a comment.