Supporting documents are supplementary materials that facilitate the review process. Common supporting documents include journal articles, translation certificates and package inserts.
Supporting documents can be added when preparing a job for review, during review, and after a job is completed*. The "Supporting Documents" tab, located in the Annotations panel on the right of the Viewer, lists all supporting documents that were used to facilitate the review process for a promotional document as well as supporting documents added post job completion.
Supporting documents that are added post job completion will include a label "Added post job completion".
*The ability to add supporting documents after a job is completed is available in version 2020.04 and later.
Options for adding supporting documents
When adding a supporting document, you have four options to choose from:
- "Smart Reference" will suggest reference points on promotional documents based on previous usage.
- "From library" allows you to link references and promotional documents that have already been added to the library.
- Use this option for documents that will be re-used across multiple promotional pieces.
- Examples: journal articles, package inserts, regulatory documents, approved promotional documents
- "Upload" allows you to add documents ad hoc from your computer.
- Use this option for one-off pieces that support a specific job. Uploaded documents cannot be accessed in the library.
- Examples: invoice for a branding item, briefing documents to agencies, translation certificate
- "URL" allows you to link to an external website.