Pepper Flow Digital Review is a web extension that allows your team to route digital content authored in other systems through your process without requiring submitters to convert content to static formats (e.g., PDF exports or screenshots). This enables reviewers to view and interact content in its native form and layout.
A user who creates a new job for review starts the job through the extension directly from its source system using the Chrome extension. When this occurs, a "document" is created in Pepper Flow to represent the content and a relationship is established between this document and the URL from which the job was started.
If you are experiencing an issue engaging with the extension where you expect to find information about a running job, but instead are being prompted to start a new job (or see a message that there are no jobs for you to start), this could mean there is an issue with the way the job was started or that the URL has changed since the job began.
The 2 leading reasons are:
- Pepper Flow ignores query parameters (?, #, etc.) in URLs. So if the job was started from a URL containing a parameter, PFDR will not recognize this as a unique URL. This could cause a conflict when Pepper Flow opens the URL associated with the job.
- The URL you are accessing is different than the URL that was routed for review. Some reasons why this may occur include:
- The URL is behind login
- The draft site and live site are different URLs
- The URL has changed or been redirected
- As you scroll the page, the URL changes due to block style content
To confirm the cause of your issue:
- Navigate to the job in the Pepper Flow viewer. You can do this by searching for the document in the library. You will need to hit enter.
- Once the results populate in the library, find the library card and select the "⁝" icon that show when you hover over the card
- Select the 'Open in Pepper Flow Viewer' option
- Once in the viewer, navigate to the details tab to locate the URL. Confirm the URL:
- Doesn't have query parameters (&, ?, # etc)
- Paste the URL in a new tab to confirm if you need credentials to access this. It may appear like the below or another login screen unrelated to Pepper Flow. If the URL is behind a login, you will need access to view the routed job:
- Contact your Content Owner or Initiator to ensure you are accessing the correct URL if the above two cases are false. Once confirmed, navigate to the URL and access the PFDR extension to continue your review progress.
Please sign in to leave a comment.