Several annotation tools are displayed in the top toolbar of the Viewer. You can use these tools to draw and comment on your document.
- Annotation tools
- Add a comment
- Change comment color
- Mention another user in an annotation
- Add a supporting document
- Preview mode
Place an annotation anywhere on the document
Draw a box around a section of content
Draw an arrow to a section of content
Highlight a selection of text
Strikethrough a selection of text
Note: Certain document formats do not allow highlight or strikethrough of text.
Add a comment
- Open the document in the Viewer.
- Select any of the annotation tools. Highlight the section you’d like to associate with a comment.
- Type in your comment. When complete, click Add Comment.
- Repeat steps 1-3 as many times as needed.
Note: You can also add a comment about the entire document using the button
Change comment color
- When adding or editing a comment, click on the colored dot in the top, left corner
- Select the color you'd like
- Click Add Comment
Your comment color will default to the last color used.
Mention another user in an annotation
- When adding or editing an annotation, click into the text area.
- Type in the @ symbol and the first few letters of a user’s name.
- A user dropdown will appear below the text area. Only users with permission to see the document will display.
- Select a user by clicking their name or pressing the tab key.
- Click Add Comment.
By default, users will get an in-app () and email notification each time they are mentioned in a comment. However, users can turn off these notifications in the Notification Preferences section of their user profile.
Add a supporting document
To hide the annotations on the document, click the Preview mode toggle in the Viewer’s top toolbar. You may also click in the top right to collapse the Annotations panel while you review the document.
Related help topics:
- Preparing a document for a job
- Reviewing documents
- How do I add a supporting document to a promotional document?